2017 MCO Mayor of the Year
Two mayors will be honored this year by the Mayors Council of Oklahoma (MCO). Winners will be named from two population categories - fewer than 5,000 and 5,000 population and above. The nominees will be recognized at the MCO Mayor’s Breakfast on Wednesday, September 14th with the Mayor of the Year Award presented at the awards banquet on Thursday, September 15th at the Annual Banquet. This award truly honors all Oklahoma mayors and the contributions they make to their communities.
Municipalities of 5000 or more
Municipalities of less than 5000
Criteria for consideration are as follows:
- Must be in elected municipal office at the time of presentation;
- Must have served in elected municipal office a minimum of three years;
- Membership in the Mayors Council of Oklahoma, MCO
- Municipality must be a member of the Oklahoma Municipal League OML; and
- Previous Mayor of the Year winners are not eligible for re-nomination.
Deadline July 14, 2017